Happy new year 2024

 I've had a Blogger account since November 2005, but I haven't published anything until now. What inspired me to start this blog was the course I did through Cambridge University, a 6 weeks intensive study focusing on creativity, problem solving and design thinking. Just as I finish this course, I received this message from noreply@blogger.com; 

"This email address has a legacy Blogger account associated with it that hasn’t logged in since 2007. In 60 days it will lose access to the account and associated content; the data will be permanently deleted unless migrated to the Google Account system at Legacy migration page."

I could hardly remember opening a blogger account, neither had I any idea of where to find it. So, no need to start from scratch, I already had an account set up, and like a bolt from the blue it arrived in my Inbox.

My short course was inspired by the idea to invest my time and money to do new things that I enjoy and that can add value to my life. I was starting to feel bored for doing the same things day in, day out.

In deciding on a coarse as my first action to get out of a boring life, I looked at well-known universities and what they offer. Surely, these universities do not have a reputation for no reason. Finally I had to decide between 'Create a Happy and Meaningful Life' offered by Stanford University, or 'Creativity, Problem Solving and Design Thinking' offered by Cambridge. After asking for opinions from educated people I know, I decided on the latter one.

Even before I started the course, but after I paid for it, a new, and my first challenge appeared. The coarse is about problem solving, and what problem do I have to solve. I thought I don't have problems in my life; everything was just fine. 

OK, I had a boring life problem, but is this good enough a problem to solve? Then I realized that I actually have another, bigger problem, and that is, no plan or goal for my life. I started the course with the goal of solving my problem of not having a goal and a plan. The teacher told me that I am the only student in this class of about 30 students to have such a personal challenge to address, and throughout the 6 weeks I focused on addressing this challenge, and eventually I passed with flying colors, achieving a score of 91%.

This blog is about tracking my progress on the road to financially independent when I'm 70 - that is just over 8 years and 1 month from now - and to find something new and challenging to enjoy spending my time doing by 2028. (My so-called 5 year plan and 10 year goal.)

Here's too keep going, to show the small little steps on the way to achieving this plan and goal through regular posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the go

Up and down

Getting started